Thursday, July 10, 2008

Frugal Aid Effort and You

As the flood waters around the Mid-west recede, residents all across these rain-soaked plains fight to regain some sense of normalcy. FEMA is most certainly doing all they can, along with the Red Cross and countless volunteers from all over. Not wanting to be left out, I feel I should do something, but have reached the classic impass. Giving money is out of the question as my wife is currently, (and really always has been) the primary breadwinner. Money she makes goes to buying pretty things for me...and bills of course. I lack the drive and passion to volunteer as a laborer and even the sight of disaster-relief food makes me gag so preparing food just isn't going to happen...

And then it hit me. What these people really need is a morale boost, a synchronized gesture of goodwill, an expression of solidarity a la haute coutuere. Tomorow, at 3:23 p.m. exactly, I am asking all of my readers to don a pair of high-water pants. Our ankles bared to the sun, the hems of trousers dry as British sit-com, we can make a difference. Won't you please give back?

(NOTE: Those of you so fashionably inept as to not own a pair of highwaters, the same effect can be reached by tight-rolling a stright legged pair of trousers; see 80's photo albums for the desired look. Also...ladies, capri pants, whatever the hell those are, do not count...they're stupid...not to mention ridiculous.)

1 comment:

raj said...

ladies should be allowed to wear capri pants if and only if they are actual pirates. don't hate on the she-pirates.