Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why yes...there is a monkey on my back...

Earlier this week, a woman asked me why I was a smoker, and I have to be honest, I wasn't sure how to answer her. After some thought, I've come up with the following conclusions.

1. Back in the 30's racers in the Tour de France often shared cigarettes mid-race. It was believed that smoking cigarettes aided in respiration

2. I thoroughly enjoy the leather tongue and stifling ass breath I awake with in the morning.

3. It makes me look wicked awesome and tough.

4. Being out of breath after climbing a flight of stairs has always been a personal goal of mine.

5. Without smokers, the government would have no choice but to go China on some babies' asses.

All solid answers, but mostly it's just because I am an idiot

(NOTE: When encouraging a friend and/or family member to quit smoking, it is not appropriate or safe to state, "You know those are bad for your, don't you?" While making the decision to start smoking in the first place undoubtedly shows a lack of intelligence, most of us are quite capable of reading the Surgeon's General warning printed right on the box.)

No comments: