Friday, May 28, 2010

Please, won't you make it stop?

So I'm training a guy at work, right? As part of the process, I ask a series of questions designed to broaden their knowledge of the menu. One particular question alluded to a sandwich consisting of a chicken-fried chicken patty, two slices of bacon and cheese. I asked him what meat, other than chicken, the sandwich comes with. His answer?...Ham. Right away this sounds bad. In his defense, several sandwiches on the menu contain a slice of ham and 90% of trainees will answer incorrectly on the first try. Usually I repeat the question, making sure to emphasize the word bacon, and we can move on. Five incorrect answers later, I revealed the answer and was met with a blank stare rivaling the staunchest of cult automatons. Why? He was unaware bacon was in fact , a meat.

And so the 'there but by the grace of God club' gains yet another lifetime member.

1 comment:

raj said...

Please tell me he's sterile.